Wednesday, May 24, 2023

Owlma and Owlfred of Beepea Gardens

Owlma and Owlfred of Beepea Gardens


I had never seen a screech owl and had always thought all owls looked like the large barn owl.  One day Paul called to me there was an owl in the birdbath.  When I looked I thought it was a large ball of moss that had fallen from the tree above.  Much to my surprise it was the cutest little owl with huge orange eyes.  I looked up and saw another one sitting high in the tree. 

At first when they saw us they would fly away but soon came to sit and peer down at us from the tree while we photographed and took videos of them.

Of course every evening they left us to go out and hunt for food and the next morning we were checking to see if they were back. They lived with us for some time and was such a joy to watch their behavior each day. 

No comments: